Thursday 22 September 2011

How to use a List to tame the new Facebook. And hide those right-hand ads...

1. Create a List - I called mine "All".

2. Add the friends & pages you want to it - I added all mine. You need to go through the alphabet in search box to add pages.

3. Voila! Use the list instead of News Feed to see Facebook as you are used to.

4. Mark the List as a "Favorite" so it appears at top left under News Feed.

5. If you add new friends or like new pages you'll need to add these to your List. Maybe do this once a week so you don't forget.

6. Make sure to check in the Manage List drop-down & select all the "updates to show" that you want.

Erm, that's it, except when you use the List, as an added bonus, you won't see adverts on the right or the new activity stream :-)

There may be a few advanced issues with this, eg Page admins can't do this in page view. If you find any other issues or tricks do let me know...

PS I can use my new List on my Android FB app too, and it remembers it as the default view!

No comments:

Post a Comment